ALWAYS WANTED TO DANCE AND THOUGHT YOU WERE BEYOND IT?
FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS – our beginner level classes would be perfect if you wanted to learn. We can deal with two left feet, unfit, too old (really?!) and any other reason you may think up. Be brave, be curious, try a dance class!
EX-DANCER? HAVEN’T DANCED FOR YEARS?
Why not try one of our Level 3 advanced classes. Relive the thrill and challenge of dancing again! Join at any time. Not sure where you fit in? Drop us a line and we can advise what would be the best option for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
Level 1 & 2
- For those with little or no dance experience.
- Start at Level 1, our beginners entry level classes.
- Variety of styles adapted to work for the beginner mature dancer – think attitude, think Diva, think a confident and fitter you!
- For the more mature dancer with previous formal dance training, either in a DD class or elsewhere.
- Choreographed dances that are demonstrated at our Dancefests held 2-3 times per year
- Variety of fusion styles drawing from ballroom & latin, contemporary, jazz, advanced line dancing and fusion choreographies
- Shorter, gentler classes for the over 60s.
- 45-minute classes
- Morning classes
- If these classes are too gentle you are welcome to join our regular classes. Over 65s get a 10% discount in these classes.
- The discount does not apply to the GG classes.
We do not offer separate line dancing classes but we do include them as part of our regular classes – from Latin to Country Western. But we take them to another level with styling, dance formations and use of accessories such as hats, feathers and canes.
DANCEFEST & SHOWCASE
DANCEFEST – our social event held every 3 – 6 months. This is a time to socialise, learn new dances and show off what you have learnt in class. An opportunity to show your friends and family what happens in dance class!
Why not put yourself centre stage at your own party or event?
- Be-a-Diva parties
- Themed line-dancing
- Bride-to-be dance parties
- Wedding party group dances
Want to experience the magic of dance?
Put on a hat, wave your feathers, do a twirl and find your dance diva!
- Beginners to Advanced levels for the mature woman (over 35).
- Classes offered in Pretoria and Cape Town N Suburbs.
- Variety of dance styles – Latin, Ballroom, Jazz, Line Dance, Fusion choreographies – as long as we can dance it with attitude!
Dancing Divas opened its doors in Pretoria in 2009. It offers a dance space where women over 35 can find themselves through dance – a time for feeling good, finding ‘me’ time and transforming body and mind through dance. It’s about fun and laughter, about sweating and trying it ‘one more time’, about sharing our passion for dance with women just like you.
So if your head says:
- I AM TOO OLD / UNFIT / SELF-CONSCIOUS / TOO LARGE / TOO UNCOORDINATED
- I HATE GYMS BUT LOVE DANCE
- I USED TO DANCE AND DANCE FIT CLASSES JUST DO NOT DO IT FOR ME!
- I DO NOT HAVE A PARTNER
Then Dancing Divas is the right place for you. We believe that dance transforms women & helps them find the Diva in themselves.
We use a variety of dance styles – from Ballroom, Latin American and Jazz Dance to Line Dancing and our own fusion choreographies.
Our classes build fitness, flexibility, coordination and dance-ability but you take it at your own pace. You will get fitter, dance better… and transform yourself through dance.
Try something new in one of our workshops!
Workshops for 2020 will be announced in Jan/Feb 2020