Advanced Level 3
An option for the mature ex-dancer – experience the joy of dance at Dancing Divas.
PRETORIA – Faerie Glen / Montana
CAPE TOWN N SUBURBS – Durbanville & Brackenfell
These classes aim to meet the needs of dancers who have moved through our LEVELS 1 & 2 classes and who have reached a solid proficiency in their dance ability. From Level 3, we assume that our dancers have dance experience – this is also a suitable entry level for ex-dancers who may not have danced for a number of years, but who would like to return to dancing.
Generally our more mature advanced dancer may have lost confidence and may no longer have the same body they did 10 or 20 years ago. But…… the desire to live themselves out on the dance floor has not disappeared!
At Dancing Divas we understand that you may no longer be able to do a split and that your body may be larger and a lot less dance fit than it used to be. We will build up your strength, flexibility and fitness levels – all with other women who are in a similar situation.
We do not generally accept women under 35 into our studios and most of our DDs are in their 40s and 50s. You will not be alone in dealing with dance in a totally different way and with a more mature version of your former self.
- Dance choreographies become more complex and more emphasis is placed on technique and styling as you progress to the higher class levels
- We do not participate in competitions or exams; most of our mature dancers have enough pressure in their everyday lives and want to dance without another layer of ‘things to do’.
- Our dance instructors come from different dance backgrounds; their classes will reflect this. So expect to be dancing a variety of styles – ballroom, latin, contemporary, jazz, advanced line dancing and quite a few of our own ‘fusion’ choreographies.
- These classes will appeal to those who would like to stretch themselves beyond what they think they can do and who would love to show off their dance abilities, who miss the pizzazz of the makeup, costumes, long rehearsals and of course, the bling.
- And finally, you will discover the joy of seeing yourself transform through dance – more confident and with a fitter body – welcome to the ‘Sisterhood of the Dancing Divas’!